THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING CORKS & CRAYONS 2014
Purple Asparagus and its Board of Directors would like to thank everyone that made this year’s event possible. Thanks to all of the many wonderful individuals and companies that donated to our silent auction: Our host, Ryan Hutmacher, the chefs that donated their talents and delicious food (see below), all of our event sponsors (see below), our attendees, and all those who couldn’t make it but bid on items on the online silent auction.
If you purchased a raffle ticket, either online before the event or at the event itself, you may have won. Please click here to see if your ticket was a winner. If you purchased your ticket online, we will contact you by email if you were a winner.
“Photo Booth” Photos can be viewed and downloaded HERE.
Photos from Angela Garbot can be viewed and downloaded HERE. Photos on this site are categorized by size and optimized for either print, Facebook, or web publishing. Photos from the 2013 event are here as well.
Silent Auction Winners
If you were a winning bidder on an item and did not attend the event, or if you won but left early before we closed the auction, we will contact you the week of August 25, 2014.
We hope you enjoyed our make-your-own spice table and the bike blender banana squash smoothies. Recipes are below, along with another, Pan Roasted Asparagus, for the Asparagus in our goody bags. Enjoy!
Tacos by Chef Graham
Pan Roasted Asparagus by Chef Graham
Banana Squash Smoothies by Purple Asparagus
What an event menu! Everything was delicious! Please support these wonderful establishments that support Purple Asparagus’ nutrition education efforts.
- Big Jones, Hoosier Grass-Fed Short Ribs with Turnip Greens, Potato Dumplings and Scallions
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken, Roasted Chicken and Garlic White Corn Grits with Honey Buffalo Sauce, Scallions and Chicken Crust Crunchies
- Farmhouse, ABC Panzanella Salad: Grilled Sourdough, Heirloom Tomatoes, Harvest Vegetables, Wildflower Honey Vinaigrette
- Uncommon Ground, Shrimp Corn Dog with Bistro Mustard
- White Oak Gourmet, Sopecitos: A crispy, crunchy corn masa shell filled with either Mushroom Pibil Filling or Mexican Braised Pork Belly
- Max’s Wine Dive, Roasted Corn Arancini: Sweet Corn Puree, Pickled Onion, Cotija Cheese and Micro Cilantro
- Pecking Order
- Saranello’s, Stuffed Rigatoni with Burrata and Tomato Jam
- Le Pain Quotidien, Organic Black Bean Hummus Tartine with Roasted Red Peppers, Avocado and Harissa Tahini
- Crew Bar + Grill, Crew Sliders, Seasoned with Crew Rub and Topped with IPA Pimento Cheese and Red Slaw
- All Natural Chicago, Pulled Chicken Sliders in House Made BBQ Sauce
- Floriole, Peach Panna Cotta
- Katherine Anne Confections, Assorted Truffles, Caramels and Lemon Poppyseed Marshmallows
Thank you Chef Hutmacher! You are a wonderful host and friend to Purple Asparagus.
Thank you to all of this year’s sponsors. Without your financial and in-kind support this Corks & Crayons would not have been possible.